and that is all ! Instagram will run ads in the “Shop” tab around the world. Users can now more easily discover new products and buy them directly in the app…
ecommerce on instagram
With over a billion monthly active users, Instagram is a great place to find potential customers. In fact, more than 25 million businesses around the world use Instagram to increase traffic and sales. There is good news for businesses, brands and e-merchants.
In addition, according to various researches:
- 33% of the most viewed Instagram stories come from professional accounts;
- 60% of Instagram users say they have discovered products through the platform and are more open to purchase;
- 75% of shopping enthusiasts and 70% of shopping enthusiasts turn to Instagram every month;
- 87% of people believe influencers inspired them to shop on Instagram;
- 90% of users follow at least one business page on Instagram;
- 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business profile every day.
With an opportunity like this, it’s important to take Instagram marketing seriously.
Instagram offers several Instagram Shopping features for e-commerce:
- Let yourself be discovered through the Instagram Store;
- Make your items purchasable with a purchase tag;
- Design product detail page;
- Combine product pages into collections;
- Take advantage of product label ads;
- Activate order through payment on Instagram;
- Build partnerships with influencers and creators;
- Present your products with Live Shopping.
Ecommerce on Instagram thus relies heavily on shopping features, which are essentially an upgrade of normal Instagram features. In addition, Instagram had announced that it has launched ads in the “Shop” tab around the world.
A new e-commerce feature on Instagram
This is Instagram’s latest update in the evolution of its e-commerce platform. The app previously implemented shopping options in Instagram reels to compete with TikTok, organized drops for product launches, and added affiliate features that allowed creators to earn commissions on sponsored product sales.
Instagram Shop is a tab of the photo and video sharing app that allows users to browse items such as clothing and beauty products and in some cases buy them directly within the app.
Users can click on an Instagram shop ad to view more product details, browse for additional branded items, or save the product to a listing.
Instagram began testing ads with select advertisers earlier this month, but the feature is now available to brands around the world wherever the Instagram Shop is available.
How do Instagram shop ads work?
Ads in this composition appear as a tile, but they are marked as “Sponsored” in the lower left corner of the image.
When you click on the listing, the product detail page shows a range of information about the item, additional images and other branded products. Users can save a product from an ad to a list or send it to a friend. If the ad is inappropriate, they can hide or even flag it.
However, unlike video ads on Instagram Stories and Instagram Reels, you can’t ignore photo ads. At the moment, these ads only appear on the mobile app.