Pinterest just launched try home decor, its new augmented reality feature. For all the users who want to give a fresh look to their interiors, this new feature offers an unmatched online shopping experience…
On Pinterest, Pinterest Predicts 2022 . Home decor is one of the top searched categories according to, According to data published by the social network:
- 9 out of 10 Pinterest users use the social network for inspiration in their home decor shopping journey;
- Searches made through the lens have increased by 126% compared to the previous year. More than ever, people are using visual search to shop on Pinterest:
That’s why it regularly develops new functionality, to create a place where online shopping is combined with discovery and enjoyment, like shopping in stores.
As virtual reality is gradually becoming more popular to facilitate online shopping, and social commerce continues to rise, Pinterest continues to enrich its shopping features.
The social network launched this 31 January try home decor in the United States. His specialty? This feature allows you to place decorative items and furniture directly in your home before making a purchase and works with Pinterest’s visual search tool “Lens.”
Augmented Reality on Pinterest
try home decor mark it The third product in the Try On series is in the works Via augmented reality. It is as follows:
try home decor The platform reflects the desire of the users: to enjoy a complete and immersive shopping experience. Actually :
- They 5x more likely to purchase with a PIN that works with Tryout Compared to classic pins;
- more 80,000 purchasable pins to work with home decor try home decor,
That’s how Pinterest users use it to not only get inspiration, but a strong buying intent, especially on mobile.
Strong intention to buy on mobile
According to Collison’s Foreights Factory:
- Since the start of the pandemic, 40% of consumers worldwide have made more purchases on mobile;
- Mobile devices are already the preferred channel for 34% of consumers worldwide;
- 46% say they can’t shop without their phone, compared to 50% for Gen Z and Y.
A great opportunity for decoration brands like Maisons du Monde or Leroy Merlin! Leroy Merlin has really relied on since the opening of Pinterest advertising offers in France in September 2019 by integrating his products into the catalog functionality.
Joan King, Senior Vice President, eCommerce and International Operations for Crate & Barrel and CB2:
“Customers turn to Crate & Barrel and CB2 to find unique pieces made to last a lifetime. We know their shopping journey isn’t always linear, especially when it comes to furniture. Pinterest’s ‘Try On for Home Decor’ feature is one of many examples of how our brands are finding innovative solutions to make this journey as seamless as possible, bridging the gap between virtual commerce and reality. ,
Try On for Home Decor is currently rolling out in the US on iOS and Android, and will soon be available worldwide.