Since Pinterest is a visual search engine, and an essential social network for building your digital marketing campaign, it’s important to understand the best image size options on Pinterest. After all, with the right dimensions for Pinterest, your Pins are likely to perform better!
Aside from Instagram, Pinterest is probably the most image-rich social network. As a result, many businesses and individuals (especially bloggers) try to post “pinnable” images. Both Need This Pinterest Image Size Guide
Pinterest image size for profile cover photo: 800 x 450 pixels (minimum)
Since Pinterest doesn’t have cover photos, profile pictures are the primary opportunity for a user to show who they are. For companies, a logo is usually used. For people like bloggers, a portrait or personal photo is usually used.
Remember that your profile picture will be displayed as a circle. So try to avoid keeping the portrait photo in the cover photo slot. Use a landscape photo with a 16:9 aspect ratio instead.
pinterest image size for pin
Pinterest has a portrait-oriented layout, which means that vertical images with a 2:3 ratio are best suited for the platform.
- image format: 2:3 (recommended)
- Square Pin: 1000 x 1000 pixels (this Pinterest post size is ideal for sharing your Instagram photos on your Pinterest account)
- Recommended Size: 1000 x 1500 pixels
- Maximum file size: 20 MB
Maintaining a 2:3 aspect ratio ensures that your brand’s audience sees every detail of the image on their feed. To make sure your long pins still function well when clipped, consider this Create long pins with text centered in the center of the pin, It still allows Pinterest users to preview your Pin and its content. And if you want to create a Pin with a different aspect ratio, Pinterest crops the images from the bottom.
Pinterest image size for ads and carousel
Pinterest Carousel Pins are a great way to showcase different product features or photos, advertise multiple products, or tell a story!
- App Install Announcements: Same specification as standard pin. A 2:3 aspect ratio is recommended. 1000 x 1500 pixels recommended.
- Carousel Pins and Ads: Aspect ratio of 1:1 or 2:3. 1000 x 1500 pixels or 1000 x 1000 pixels recommended. Up to 5 images can be included in the carousel.
- Shopping Ads: Same specification as standard pin. A 2:3 aspect ratio is recommended. 1000 x 1500 pixels recommended.
pinterest image size for stories
Like Facebook and Instagram Stories, Pinterest Story Pins use the full screen format of 9:16. Story pins can be still images or videos up to 60 seconds in length.
- image format: 9:16
- Recommended Size: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Maximum file size: 20 MB
Pinterest Video Pin Sizes and Dimensions
Pinterest sizes for video include standard, tall, vertical, and square formats. Here are the ratios for each:
- Standard Video Pin: 2:3 Aspect Ratio
- Square Video Pin: 1:1 Aspect Ratio
- Long Video Pin: 1:2 Aspect Ratio
- Vertical Video Pin: 9:16 Aspect Ratio
It is not recommended to have images larger than your blog content area on your website, as large files will slow down your site. A fast loading website is the key to getting traffic from Pinterest And from google.
- Set the width of your blog content;
- Create a high resolution image (at least 1000 pixels wide);
- Save your layered file And a high-resolution PNG file;
- Then save as a well-compressed JPG that matches the width of your blog content, or as small as 600px wide for smaller file sizes.
Lastly, remember that The first 50-60 characters most likely to appear in the user feed, So make sure your description is straight to the point. And, don’t forget to include keywords for great Pinterest SEO and get Pinterest traffic fast!
Sources: Tailwind, Hootsuite