Have you made or stumbled upon a great YouTube video and want to turn part of it into a funny GIF to share with your friends, followers or online community? Or do you want a new GIF to authentically respond to a social media post? Follow this very simple guide to make GIF from YouTube videos for free…
GIFs are usually short scenes from popular movies or TV shows, which are turned into mini video clips. GIF is the best way to say everything without saying anything. They have become essential in social networks and even professional email.
Short and concise, GIF is an important communication tool that creates a shortcut of sorts for expressing feelings and then expressing them. Usually lasting more than 5 seconds, it is high-speed communication that very easily creates an instant emotional connection with your audience, and hence engagement as well as responses.
Plus, given the small file size if it’s less than 10 seconds long, it’s easy to share and doesn’t prevent web pages from loading quickly.
so there are many reasonsUse GIFs in Your Marketing StrategyWhy on social networks and not in your email.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to make a GIF from YouTube videos for free with a few simple online tools.
When it comes to creating GIFs, Giphy.com is indispensable. This is the easiest site for quality GIFs.
- To get started, create an account with an email address and password;
- Click the “Create” icon right next to “Upload” in the right corner;
- Paste your YouTube link in the space below “Add any URL”
- Giphy will automatically send you to a GIF maker once you paste your link. Then choose the time and duration of your GIF;
- Cut the GIF to your exact length and then click “Continue Decorating”
- add captions or any other effect,
- Click “Continue Downloading” at the bottom right of the page
- upload your GIF
- To save the image, right click on the image and press “Save Image As”.
That’s it, you have your quality GIF. For example, Giphy gives you several options to share it on various social networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
Note that Giphy also has Zippy Capture, This Mac app lets you capture anything and make GIFs out of it. This will allow you to create GIFs that are not ordinary YouTube links.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to convert to GIF;
- Paste this URL into the white box on the left side of the GIFs.com page. Note that you can also upload your own videos to the site by clicking Drag and drop or select a file ,
- Check that no ads are showing in the bottom left corner of the video or else they will appear in your GIF. Otherwise, click on the icon x to make it disappear;
- Click Timeline below the image and choose a start and end time for your GIF;
- At this stage, you can then crop the image and then add a caption, stickers and various effects if you wish;
- then click on make gif in the upper right corner;
- Confirm the title of the GIF and select the tag to assign it;
- click on next Once you have finished;
- Lastly, upload, embed or share your newly created GIF.
- In Kapwing’s Convert Video tool, paste the URL of the YouTube video to convert to GIF;
- In the Studio editor, use the sliders at the end to cut out the section you want to convert to GIF;
- Preview the GIF to see how it will look. If some elements do not suit you, you can modify some of them at this stage such as text, video speed, or cropping for example;
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the “Export” button to save the GIF;
- Select “Export as GIF” to process your converted GIF.
- download . Save it by clicking
You can also add “GIF” to your URL before the word YouTube.
- Go to YouTube on your desktop and open the video you want to make a GIF from.
- Type “gif” before youtube in the URL and press Enter. For example, if the URL is “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdVFCrdYEw”, type https://www.gifyoutube.com/watch?v=LMdVFCrdYEw;
- You will be redirected to the gifs.com site, where you can choose the start time, end time and duration of the GIF,
- Once you have done all the settings, tap on “Create GIF”;
- Then name the GIF, attach a tag to it, and click Next to view it;
- Register on the site to download GIF.
Here are some really easy and quick tricks on how to make a GIF file from a YouTube video. So you know what you have to do.
And you, how do you make your GIFs? Feel free to share your experiences and tips in the comments!