Deconfinement, summer, sun, sunny days, holidays, parties… As summer approaches and deconfinement occurs, Generation Z’s state of mind changes. And this is reflected in its social media search trends. To help you better optimize your social media strategy and thus keep more commitments, Pinterest has published essential statistics to know…
Pinterest, the social network to follow trends
It cannot be said enough, Pinterest is the most effective social platform for sharing product knowledge and buying inspiration. If you’re in the fashion and beauty industry, interior decorating and design, or the hotel and food industry, Pinterest is the ideal social network to learn and follow trends.
In addition, Pinterest offers a summary of its forecasts in terms of search trends that Pinterest offers each year. For 2021, the social network announced that 8 out of 10 predictions have come true. Its ability to predict new habits and behaviors based on Pinner’s activity helps advertisers engage more deeply with their audiences. Furthermore, embracing trends has proven particularly beneficial for brands to better anticipate and face tough times.
In addition to looking at up-and-coming trends, it seems that Pinterest has trends in several categories that grow faster and last longer than anywhere else on the Internet. According to the platform, Trends on Pinterest maintains 21% higher monthly growth than other platforms.
This of course also means that brands and designers reflecting these trends benefit from content that remains relevant over a longer period of time.
In terms of statistics, Pinterest had 454 million active users per month, a 9% increase over a year in the second quarter of 2021 according to Wizishop. The year-on-year growth has accelerated to 36 per cent for Generation Y. Like TikTok or YouTube, Pinterest continues to attract the younger generation, given that images and videos are now at the center of consumer consumption.
Pinterest: Generation Z . trend between
Between 2019 and 2020, the research rate and social consumption habits of Generation Z have nearly doubled (+96%). Its research trends revolve around:
- unforgettable holidays : there has been a 13-fold increase in searches for “dream vacation destination” on Pinterest, searches for “luxury vacation” (x 6) and searches for “organize your travel bag” (x 4);
- most memorable holidays : “Euphoria Evening” inspired by the famous television series (x 43), or even “Murder Party Dinner” (x 7);
- Stylish and luxurious clothes : zebra print pants (x 14), pleated checkered skirt (x 12), hippie jewelry (x 16) or pearl choker necklace (x 13)
- Bold Makeup and Eyeliner Madness Research: “Creative Eye Makeup” (x 24), E-Girl Makeup (x 45), “Creative Eye Makeup” (x 24);
- the return of the 2000s : Searches for “Y2K outfit idea” multiplied by 230.
With its new search trends on Pinterest, Gen-Z expresses the need to have fun by experimenting with new things and again preparing to be too adventurous, sometimes to find travel, party, and shopping inspiration.
So don’t be afraid to promote your business and/or brand on Pinterest. So you have all the keys to boost the engagement rate and get more visibility with this particular goal in digital marketing.