Notice to Advertisers! The new Tiktok video editor allows you to create Tiktok video ads very easily. Find out how to do it…
What is Tiktok Video Editor?
Creating great branded video content is quite expensive and time-consuming, especially for small businesses. TikTok understood this and decided to make our job easy! The platform introduces TikTok Video Editor, a brand new video editor that offers a range of “intuitive shooting and editing tools built into the app”. This will allow you to create native TikTok video content more easily and hence generate better links and better engagement with the audience. It just takes a good dose of creativity and authenticity and you are good to go!
TikTok Video Editor is an online editor that uses smart tools to help advertisers create local TikTok-style content quickly and accurately. These tools include the music, fonts, colors and parameters you need to create quality short videos.
Advertisers can easily add custom captions, crop their elements, and trim their scenes exactly as they want frame by frame.
You can find Tiktok Video Editor in the menu:
- Either “Create a video” from the TikTok Ads Manager Dashboard;
- Or the creation of ads when you set up a campaign.
1. Choose your videos and pictures (upload new ones from your resource library or from your desktop). Drag them to the bottom bar to start editing them.
2. Add your soundtrack by clicking the music note icon. To do this, either:
- You choose from a library of music;
- You upload your own soundtrack;
- You choose from TikTok video editor recommendations
Consider adjusting your music volume after clicking a music or media track.
3. Add text by clicking on the text icon. Enter a text editing page to overlay text on the video. You can choose from several font styles and colors to use with your text. Remember that you need to make the text smaller for the image for easier reading. Large blocks of text will only work for closed captioning.
4. You can also add some effects, split audio tracks, layers…
5. Before recording, you can preview your ad to make sure your text and images are fully visible behind the text and icons you’re using.
Tiktok, an authentic social network
With over 2 billion downloads and over 1 billion monthly active users, TikTok has established itself as one of the largest social networks in the world in just a few short years. Looking at the number of people on TikTok, it is clear that this is a powerful marketing channel to tap into.
Unlike other social media channels like Instagram, content on TikTok isn’t entirely about an organized feed. Authenticity has become increasingly important on social media, and content that performs well isn’t super edited and framed. On the contrary, it is real and organic.
TikTok has significant reach and power to engage with consumers, especially Gen Z, but it’s a platform that doesn’t naturally suit many brands. A brand’s desire for a perfectly organized flow, by emphasizing authentic content, will not lead to success on the platform. Before you begin, therefore, analyze whether this social network is a good fit for your goal and fits your brand image.