The last revolution after ChatGPT? What if you could turn your thoughts into music? Google made it possible! Last month, it launched a brand new artificial intelligence (AI) tool. Its purpose: to effectively convert your text into music. Here’s how to use it…
MusicLM – What is Google’s Music AI?
After the worldwide success of visual content generated by text-to-image AI, the logical next step for artificial intelligence software was to venture into the world of music. Google in January announced plans to create its own AI-generated music as part of its Test Kitchen project. Its name: Google MusicLM.
This isn’t Google’s first attempt, there have been other text-to-music models before, but Google MusicLM promises to be a game-changing tool that will completely transform the music industry.
Indeed, MusicLM is a music creation tool powered by natural language text prompts. Then MusicLM will create them for you. It can also answer various detailed questions such as adjusting to the experience level of the musician, and create music focused on a given context or situation.
It’s also possible to modify your compositions by specifying the type of instrument you want, such as “electronic” or “classical,” and the atmosphere or feeling you’re looking for. You can even specify how you want the melody to play (for example, like a piano solo or a singer opera) and let the AI do the heavy lifting.
Currently, MusicLM creates two tracks for your input with a maximum of 20 seconds each. But as of this release, it is capable of producing music continuously for up to 5 minutes.
- Go to Google’s MusicLM website and click “Get Started”.
- Click on “Register Your Interest” and join the waiting list.
- Google reviews listings on a case-by-case basis. It’s not clear how many people have access to it or what the criteria are, but always give it a try.
- Log in with a Google Account and you’ll have instant access to MusicLM.
- Upon logging in, enter text descriptions to create music such as “Soul jazz for a dinner party.” You can also enter longer prompts such as “a soothing violin melody backed by distorted guitar riffs.” MusicLM will create two versions of the song for you. Then it’s up to you which of the two tracks you prefer, which “helps improve the model”.
- To download AI Music, click on the “three dots” icon next to the generated track and select “Download” option from the pop-up menu to listen and enjoy the generated track.
For a first demo, MusicLM is an interesting AI project to add background music to your videos, audio recordings, podcasts or live for example, and thus increase engagement and improve user experience. This is necessary in order to develop your activity with webmarketing.
This certified course in Digital Marketing also prepares you to set up an effective webmarketing strategy that suits your goals and your marketing objectives.,
To make MusicLM truly exceptional, of course a large quality dataset, rich text description and additional features will be needed.
to be continued…