This feature was missing on WhatsApp for months! Instagram and Facebook, however, Meta’s other social platforms, can already share the same status updates between the two apps. How to use it on WhatsApp?
The long awaited new feature on WhatsApp
Have you ever wondered how convenient it would be if WhatsApp allowed you to share the same status on Facebook that you post on the messaging app? Here’s a new job!
WhatsApp is unveiling a new feature that allows users to share their status updates to Facebook without leaving the app. With this new status option, users can share photos, videos and text with their contacts. A feature you’ll definitely be familiar with, as it’s similar to the Stories option available on other social networks like Instagram and Snapchat, where statuses automatically disappear after 24 hours.
While the “Status” feature is also available on other platforms like Meta, Instagram and Facebook, which allows users to share the same status updates between the two apps, the option was missing on WhatsApp for months. But it seems that WhatsApp has taken the user feedback seriously and listened to the requests of its users.
an automated and more convenient process
With this new status ring feature, when a user updates their status, a small circle will appear next to their profile picture in the app, reminding other users to click on it to view their status.
Users can reply to a status privately or share it with their contacts. At the same time, the status can be seen by going to the status tab in the app.
Previously, users could share status updates from Facebook Stories, but they had to go through an extra step. This was to manually share updates whenever they released something new.
With this new feature, the process will be automated for certain status updates selected by users when the option is activated.
“On Android and iPhone, you have the option to share your WhatsApp status updates to Facebook Stories and other apps.”
- Open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS phone and tap on Status.
- Create status by posting photo, video, sound, link or text. After posting it, you will see a few options, one of which will be who will share your status on Facebook.
For Android users:
- Tap the “Share to Facebook Story” option that appears below My Status.
- If prompted, tap Allow or Open to open the Facebook app.
- In the Facebook app, choose the audience you want to share the story with, then tap Share Now.
For iOS users:
- Tap on My Status and choose the status you want to share.
- Tap on the three dots on the right and then tap on the Share to Facebook option.
- If prompted, tap Allow or Open to open the Facebook app, then choose the audience you want to share the story with.
- Tap Share Now.
Other interesting updates on WhatsApp
The latest news is that WhatsApp is working on a new feature called “Audio Chats” that will be available in conversations on Android. Functionality will include:
- a new wave icon in the chat header, which allows users to start an audio chat;
- A red button to end an ongoing call.