As social commerce gains popularity among online shoppers, it is beneficial for brands and businesses to learn how to sell on the Facebook Marketplace as well as having an online store…
how to sell on facebook
Did you know that selling on Facebook can be done through the Facebook Shopping Store and Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Shops helps small businesses set up a single online store where customers can access Facebook and Instagram. With this new functionality, it is possible to:
- Sell products through the chat features of WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram;
- Tagging products during a live stream on Facebook and Instagram, which will take customers to the product order page.
The Facebook Marketplace, meanwhile, is a place on Facebook where people find, buy and sell items. Both individuals and businesses can use this feature. If you have a Facebook Business Page and a Facebook Checkout Store, you can sell as a business on Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace was introduced in 2016 with the aim of providing “a convenient destination to find, buy and sell items with people in your community”.
Available in the Facebook app, this feature allows you to sell everything from electrical appliances, to clothing, vehicles, and even land. In 2021, it already had over a billion users.
first step Facebook Marketplace
You can use Facebook Marketplace on desktop or mobile.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- push the button Market Located in the center of the lower toolbar.
- Choose Sell
- In the pop-up window, under create a new ad, choose material
- Add your item information and at least one photo, then click next,
- Choose a delivery method and Click Feather To publish
on the desk
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- click on Market , located in the left sidebar.
- click on create a new ad
- Choose items for sale
- click on add picture And upload a photo of your item.
- Add information about your item. If you want to list it as a free item, enter 0 as the price.
- Choose next
- Choose a delivery method, if necessary, and click next
- click on To publish To publish the list.
Provide detailed product description
Include as much detail about the article as possible to reduce the amount of back-and-forth answering possible questions. If the information is available, be sure to include the details:
- model number;
- no defects and indications of use;
- place of construction.
take high quality photos
One of the best ways to ensure that your item sells out quickly is to provide high quality photos to attract potential buyers and allow them to see what the item actually looks like. Take pictures from multiple angles to provide a complete picture for prospects. If possible, place the element against a neutral background and reduce distractions so that the focus is on the element itself.
set a fair price
While you certainly want to make as much money as possible, it’s important to set a fair price to make sure your item sells out as quickly as possible.
Make sure you include the search tag
Make sure you have listed your product in the correct category first so that it is easy to find. But in addition to providing general categories, Facebook Marketplace allows sellers to tag their listings with search tags to make it easier for potential buyers to find what they’re looking for.
be ready to negotiate
It’s common for potential buyers to bargain a bit on the Facebook Marketplace. Consider your results before pricing, and be prepared to negotiate if interested parties offer an amount slightly less than the listed price.
be realistic and patient
While some items are in high demand and will sell out quickly on the Facebook Marketplace, you may have to wait for the right buyer for more specific items. Be patient and consider lowering the price of the ad after a week or two if interest is lacking or if the offers you receive are too low in price.
Respond to Inquiries Quickly
Facebook Marketplace transactions move quickly, so it’s important to keep a close eye on your posts when you have an item listed.
submit delivery offer
If your item doesn’t sell out quickly, consider including delivery. For large rooms such as furniture, free shipping can prompt potential buyers to take action.
Don’t Forget Prohibited Products
Some items are prohibited on the Facebook Marketplace, including:
- Liquor ;
- tobacco and related goods;
- illegal substances such as recreational drugs;
- medical and health products;
- counterfeit products and anything that may infringe intellectual property;
- used cosmetic products;
- Weapons and ammunition.
Ready to use Facebook Marketplace?
As you can see, this platform is no longer a “garage sale”. It is a robust marketing platform where you have the ability to:
- Find new prospects and customers;
- Establishing relationships with prospects and customers;
- sell to a new pool of customers;
- Test new product ideas;
- test new tariffs;
- test promotion.
Using Facebook Marketplace effectively means creating a new channel that helps you get more traffic for your blog, generate more leads and sales for your business.