As social commerce continues to grow in popularity among online shoppers, it is beneficial for brands and businesses to have an online store as well as learn how to sell on Facebook Marketplace…
how to sell on facebook
Did you know that selling on Facebook can be done through the Facebook Shopping Store and Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Shops helps small businesses set up a single online store where customers can access Facebook and Instagram. With this new feature, it is possible to:
- Sell products through the chat features of WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram;
- Tag products during the live stream on Facebook and Instagram, which will take customers to the product order page.
Facebook Marketplace, on the other hand, is a place on Facebook where people find, buy and sell items. Individuals and businesses can use this facility. If you have a Facebook Business Page and a Facebook Shop with Checkout, you can sell as a business on Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace was introduced in 2016 with the goal of providing “a convenient destination to find, buy and sell items with people in your community.”
Available in the Facebook app, this feature lets you sell almost everything from electrical appliances, to clothing, vehicles, and even land. In 2021, it already had over a billion users.
first step Facebook Marketplace
You can use Facebook Marketplace on desktop or mobile.
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Press button Market Located in the center of the lower toolbar.
- choosing Sell
- In the pop-up window, under create a new adChoose stuff
- Add your item information and at least one photo, then click next,
- Choose a delivery method and Click Feather To publish
on the desk
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- click on Market Located in the left sidebar.
- click on create a new ad
- choosing items for sale
- click on add picture And upload a photo of your item.
- Add your item information. If you want to list it as a free item, enter 0 as the price.
- choosing next
- Choose a delivery method, if required, and click next
- click on To publish To publish the list.
Submit a detailed description of the product
Present as much detail as possible about the article to reduce the amount of back and forth you have to answer questions from prospects. If the information is available, be sure to include a description of:
- brand ;
- model number;
- no defects and indications of use;
- shape ;
- place of construction.
take high quality photos
One of the best ways to ensure that your item sells out quickly is to provide high-quality photos to entice potential buyers and let them see what the item actually looks like. Take pictures from multiple angles to provide a complete picture to the possibilities. If possible, place the object against a neutral background and minimize distractions so that the focus is on the object itself.
set a fair price
While you certainly want to make as much money as possible, it’s important to set a fair price to make sure your item sells out as quickly as possible.
Be sure to include the search tag
Be sure to list your product in the correct category first so that it is easy to find. But in addition to providing general categories, Facebook Marketplace lets sellers tag their listings with search tags to make it easier for potential buyers to find what they’re looking for.
be ready to negotiate
It’s common for potential buyers to bargain a bit on the Facebook Marketplace. Consider your results before setting a price, and be prepared to negotiate if interested parties offer an amount slightly less than the listed price.
be realistic and patient
While some items are in high demand and will sell out quickly on Facebook Marketplace, you may have to wait for the right buyer for more specific items. Be patient and consider lowering the price of the ad after a week or two if interest is lacking or if the offers you receive are too low.
Respond to Inquiries Quickly
Facebook Marketplace transactions move quickly, so it’s important to keep a close eye on your posts when you have an item listed.
offer delivery offer
If your item isn’t selling out quickly, consider including shipping. For larger pieces like furniture, free shipping can attract potential buyers even more.
Don’t Forget Prohibited Products
Some items are prohibited on the Facebook Marketplace, including:
- Liquor ;
- tobacco and related goods;
- illegal substances such as recreational drugs;
- medical and health products;
- counterfeit products and anything that may infringe intellectual property;
- second hand cosmetics;
- Weapons and ammunition.
Ready to use Facebook Marketplace?
As you can see, this platform is no longer a “garage sale”. It is a robust marketing platform where you have the ability to:
- Find new prospects and customers;
- Build relationships with prospects and customers;
- sell to a new pool of customers;
- Test new product ideas;
- test new tariffs;
- test promotion.
Using Facebook Marketplace effectively means creating a new channel that drives more traffic to your blog, generates more leads and sales for your business.