Rapidly implanted in our ecosystem, the e-commerce market knows luminous growth With a turnover of EUR 112 billion in 2020, compared to EUR 57 billion in 2014…
OK, presents e-commerce many important benefits ,
- a large catchment area;
- A shop is open round the clock;
- Control your fixed costs…
Away from the influence of ephemeral fashion, e-commerce seems good years ahead of him Thank you for our new consumption habits.
However, the democratization of e-commerce inevitably leads us to more intense competition.
In order to survive in this market full of promises and growth, it is necessary to tell yourself!
How to promote your e-commerce in 14 steps?
Several levers are at your disposal. We will present the most relevant for you.
1 – Optimize your site for the natural context
With over 620 million daily Google users, Natural Context is an acquisition lever that should be taken very seriously. Better known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), natural context matches your visibility on search engines.
There are many tasks to be done as part of an SEO strategy. The first is to give your site technical credibility with the search engines so that they can drive traffic to it.
2 – Feed your blog
Another lever of SEO strategy, writing content to feed your professional blog brings many benefits:
- Be a friend of Google: This search engine likes live sites that regularly provide new content to their users;
- Verify your expertise with your readers as well as your credibility;
- Develop your notoriety: When you offer quality blog posts, they’ll be more likely to be shared and relayed;
- Build links: It will be easier to build partnerships with other bloggers and influencers as part of netlinking which we will see below;
- Have content to submit in your email campaigns to see below as well.
3 – Write the product sheet
The purpose of a product sheet is to highlight the product. It should be simple and intuitive. This includes the description of the product as well as the escalation view.
Before drafting these, several functions must be defined:
- Identify the keyword you want to position yourself on and insert it naturally into your content. We’ll need to find it in your h1 title, one of your h2 titles, and your content. Include it in your pages’ metadata as well as your page’s ALT (alt text) tag;
- Personalize your content according to your goals. A product sheet intended for a professional is more technical than a product sheet intended for an individual. Do not copy and paste the contents of the supplier’s file. Google doesn’t like this.
4 – Optimize the local context
Local SEO is only useful if you have a physical store backed by your e-commerce.
Here are some actions taken as part of its implementation:
- Add localization to the keywords you position yourself on. Example: Paris 16th District clothing store;
- Register with local SEO directories;
- Create your Google My Business account and get as many feedback as possible from your customers and suppliers.
5 – Doing Netlinking
Netlinking is the strategy that allows you to get inbound links to your site from other sites. To learn more before setting up your netlinking strategy, here are 7 Ways to Get Quality Backlinks.
6 – Emailing
Direct marketing technique, emailing is an advertising message sent to its target. One of the advantages of this liver is its ability to To raise awareness and generate interest in your products With your customers and prospects.
Emailing is especially useful in the context of remarketing. According to FEVAD (Federation of E-commerce and Distance Selling), the cart abandonment rate is between 70 to 80%.
7 – Animate your community on social networks
The French spend an average of 2 hours 25 minutes a day on the Internet, which is 19 minutes more than in 2019 (more than 15%). Whether you’re addressing BtoB or BtoC, your target is certainly on social networks:
- Identify the social network most relevant to you (the one that your target frequently visits);
- Set up a posting routine to unite your community around your brand.
8 – Set up Advertising Actions (SEA)
sea (seach engine Advertisement ) is the establishment of subsidized responses (paid, auction or fixed cost) in the result pages of a search engine (SERP) according to Wikipedia, which, as opposed to free reference, is said to be natural.
The main advantage of SEA is that it gives us immediate visibility while giving you permission control acquisition cost.
You define the budget to be allocated for your campaigns and thanks to the auction system you get the best positions.
Without a clear SEA strategy, the cost of your campaign can explode very quickly without return on investment.
9 – Buzz Marketing (Viral Marketing)
Buzz marketing is a marketing technique used by marketers to create buzz about a product or brand. The goal is to generate enthusiasm for the product and encourage readers to share as much as possible.
The main advantages of this technology are:
- Develop word of mouth about your product or brand.
- Be an Ambassador: The consumer himself becomes your ambassador.
Buzz marketing works with several levers:
- content marketing
- guerrilla marketing
- Social Networks.
10 – Establish an online public relations
Online public relations is a new trend in editorial affairs. This includes publishing a press release on publishing sites, or publishing sites specializing in your field of activity.
Advantages of this technology:
- Have an interesting link for your netlinking, thus promoting your natural context.
- There is almost zero implementation cost.
11 – Work on the Marketplace
Amazon, Cdiscount, Aliexpress are the current leaders in e-commerce. We may even find it impossible to find our way into this market. It is very difficult to match their commitments.
Thanks to their marketplaces, you will be able to benefit from their notoriety for selling your products and making your brand known to direct your next buyers directly to your e-commerce.
12 – Exploit affiliate sites
Similar principles to marketplaces, affiliate sites play the role of matchmakers. They will promote your products for a commission if sales are made through their site.
13 – Use the Value Comparator
We are always on the lookout for great deals on the internet. What could be better than a comparison site to find the most advantageous price. Even though the frequency of comparison sites has declined in recent years, it will be beneficial for you to register when they offer discounts or high-end products.
14 – Use Personal Sales Sites
Private selling sites aim to offer the lowest prices on the market. To do this, they assume that unsold inventory is expensive. It would be better to sell it cheaply than to destroy it or store it indefinitely.
Like comparison sites, this channel allows you to sell your stock and promote your brand.
There are a variety of levers for promoting your e-commerce. So that your efforts are optimal, distributed and you are sure of a result, seek help from a professional.
About the Author
|Karim Alec: WordPress Consultant & Developer, WooCommerce & SEO Strategy.
With 10 years experience in Business Management in 3 Agencies. I have a special appetite for entrepreneurship. I love taking the time to understand your issues, your environment, to bring you that outside perspective that you so desperately need. I
My Values in 3 Words: Philanthropy, Ethics and Humanity.
Site – LinkedIn – Coder – Facebook