In the current era of digital marketing, it is impossible for brands not to use the video format as an essential tool. Short videos are especially popular on social networks such as Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube,
Microsoft conducted a study that showed that in general maximum attention is not exceeded 8 seconds – Which is very rare, we are not going to lie to each other. If you think you can capture attention with longer videos, you need to have a solid strategy for creating your videos, just reducing their length isn’t enough – it all depends on the content and strategy behind it Is.
The latest Iconosquare study complements this statistic and proves that people engage more with shorter videos. Our study was conducted on 500 Instagram business accounts from various industries over a period of 75 days from January 1, 2023. It turned out that Instagram Reels 142.86% more engagement From MP4 Video (Formerly IGTV) of long duration.
In this article, we’ll give you the keys to stepping up your social media strategy thanks to these famous short videos!
- Customize Your Content: The next step in unlocking the potential of all video platforms for social media is to tailor your content to the platform you’re using. Each video platform has unique features and limitations, and your content should be tailored accordingly.
For example, TikTok videos are typically shorter and have a more laid-back tone, while YouTube videos are longer and require more detailed narration. You can also use platform-specific features such as hashtags, filters and music databases to make your content more appropriate for the location where it will be available.
Remember to make it accessible with subtitles on Instagram and Facebook as these networks often offer voiceless advice.
Source: Clip Ausha – Reel Instagram Iconosquare
- be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to marketing video content for promotion. You need to create a content schedule and stick to it consistently, this will help you stay organized and engage your audience over time.
You can even create a series made up of part #, #2, … or episodes to make a story a long-term commitment. This can build a connection with your followers and increase views, engagement, and even drive creators from one part #2 or episode to others over time.
- Collaborate with influencers: Collaborating with influencers is a great way for social media to harness the potential of all video platforms. Influencers have a loyal following and can help you reach a broad or niche audience. You can collaborate with influencers to create videos promoting your brand or product through testimonials, demos, ad space. This can be in the form of product reviews, tool demos, sponsored content or brand endorsements. By collaborating, you can tap into your audience and expand your brand’s reach.
2. How to adopt the right strategy?
- Define your goals: The first step to finding the right strategy with video is to define your objectives. What do you hope to accomplish with your video content? Are you looking to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or generate leads? Defining your goals clearly will help you create content that aligns with your goals.
- Target your audience: The next step is to know your audience and core audience. Who are you trying to reach with your video content? What are their interests, attitudes and preferences?
Understanding your audience will help you create video content that resonates with them and drives engagement (choosing the right trends, music, length of content and memes that reference the right generation to make people laugh).
You also need to identify the best time to post these videos in order to reach maximum number of people. This ,best time to poseYou” is pure social media management, the best time to post is easily identifiable thanks to a marketing tool that calculates the most appropriate time for you when your audience is online.
Iconosquare allows you to identify not only the moment but also the lifetime of your video to know when it went viral to understand and optimize your strategy.
- Choose your video type: There are many types of video content that businesses can create, such as product demos, tool demos, how-to videos, informational videos and customer testimonials. It is essential to choose the right type of video according to your audience and your objectives.
For example, if your goal is to increase brand awareness, you can create a brand video that showcases your company’s values and mission; if your goal is to generate leads, you can create a demo video labeled Highlight the benefits of your product or service. The main thing is always to think about the video: for whom? For what result? And what emotion to trigger?
- Optimize Your Videos for SEO : Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Networking is an important aspect of any digital marketing strategy, including video marketing. Optimizing your videos for SEO can help improve their visibility and reach, which includes using relevant keywords in your video title and description, adding tags, hashtags, and including a transcript or caption.
- Promote your videos: Creating quality content is only the first step, you also need to promote your videos to reach your target audience. Share them on social media platforms, embed them on your website, blog, email and consider running paid advertising campaigns to increase your visibility. This is the time to set a solid budget on “advertisements” and promoted posts to launch your strategy in an organic and paid way.
- schedule your contentScheduling your content on social networks can have many benefits, such as being more organized, posting at times and days when you are not working, or even releasing months of content that include your No action is required from the side.
It can also allow you to maintain a consistent and consistent presence on social networks and plan specific videos in advance (such as a special social media event: #fêtedelamusique, #Octobre Rose, #Nouvelan,…). Finally, helping you analyze and gain valuable insights into your goals and your performance.
- Analyze your performance: Finally, it is important to analyze the performance of your video content to see what is working and what is not. Use comprehensive analytics tools like Iconosquare (all-in-one social media management platform) to track your Reels and TikTok across metrics like views, engagement and conversion rates.
This will help you optimize your content and improve its effectiveness over time, not only taking into account your statistics but also spying on the content strategy of your direct competitors to build a solid strategy.
3. What are the 3 purposes of this type of video:
#1 Get Notorious
You can use short videos to create brand awareness. By posting videos that showcase your brand, you can ensure that consumers remember your business with an original message, trending sound, or unusual staging. Short videos are also easier to share and consume than feature films, which means your content will be more likely to be seen and shared.
#2 Promote your brand and products/services in an original way
You can use short videos to promote specific products or services. By creating videos showcasing your products or services, you can show consumers how they look and work, their benefits, their versatility, their beauty, etc. It can help boost sales and increase brand awareness with very little investment of resources and time.
#3 Use the right hashtags
Finally, you can use short videos to engage your community and audience by asking questions or encouraging comments. You can use hashtags related to trends, funny sounds, public figures or even the theme of the video to encourage consumers to interact with your brand.
This can help build a community of loyal fans who are more likely to subscribe and continue interacting with your brand in the future.
Source: TikTok Iconosquare Campaign
Short videos are a powerful tool for promoting your social media strategy. By using video to tell a story, creating humorous videos and promoting special offers, you can capture your audience’s attention and create an emotional connection with them. Remember that video quality is important, so make sure to create videos that are well edited and engaging.
Finally, remember that short videos are often viewed on mobile screens, so it’s important to keep this in mind when creating videos. Make sure your videos are easily viewable on small screens and optimized for social media. By following these strategic and operational tips, you can create short videos that will fuel your social media strategy and increase your audience’s engagement with your brand.
Mary Calklin specializes in digital content creation. Starting out as a social media freelancer in the French market, she joined Iconosquare Adventures 2 years ago as a Social Media Manager to manage her network with an international audience. Based in Berlin, she has now become the Content Manager and thus takes care of all the digital content offered by one of the leading social media management solutions.
Article written in collaboration with Iconosquare