Spontaneity, authenticity, communication at all times…the benefits of going live on TikTok are many! Like Facebook Live and Instagram Live video, brands can build trust, educate their audience and drive engagement with ease. Whether you’re sharing a training or hosting an event, life creates opportunities to develop your skills, but also your brand. So how do you go live on TikTok?
Do you know the requirements to go live on TikTok?
Before you get behind the camera, you need to meet two requirements in order to use the Live feature on TikTok.
First, you must be at least 16 years old – this is determined by your date of birth when you initially create your TikTok profile.
Second, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers to unlock the ability to go live. This status helps prevent the posting of spam and fake accounts, which can harm the integrity of the platform.
And if you want to send and receive gifts while Live, you must be 18 years or older. Freebies are basically virtual offers to your followers during live streams that can be converted into cash.
Start your Live on TikTok!
Ready ? This way:
1. Tap on the Create icon on the home screen (It’s the + sign at the bottom of the screen).
2. Swipe Left to Live In the bottom navigation, look under the red record button where the recording options are. Scroll right until you find the Live option, then tap it.
5. Once you select Live, you will be able to see a preview of your video stream. You can add a title of up to 30 characters, enable or disable comments, share live via connected social networks or messaging services.
4. Also choose a cover photo, your theme, your filters, your effects and more. You also have the option of supporting a non-profit organization at this stage.
4. Once you’re ready, Press Go Live to start your Live. You will see a 3 second countdown before your video starts.
If you don’t see this button, make sure you meet all of the requirements for TikTok LIVE. If so, there may be too many live streams happening at the same time. try again later.
Using PC for Tiktok Live?
Tiktok Live Studio software is the official software for launching Live on Tiktok that allows everyone, even novices, to make high quality live broadcasts. Here you will find various customization options that allow you to easily adjust your camera and microphone properties. 3
This application is currently available only for Windows users. However, since this software is directly linked to your TikTok account, you do not need to add any streaming key or server URL to start live streaming.
Before going live on Tiktok, it is important to prepare yourself and the people around you. Above all, train yourself in community management. This is essential to implementing an effective social media strategy that suits your target and your marketing objectives. Find out in this training all the keys to grow your business with community management.
Once well prepared:
- choose a quiet, well-lit place to stay;
- Make sure that your camera and microphone are working properly;
- Plan what you will talk about during your live stream;
- Test your Internet connection to make sure it is stable;
- Promote your live stream in advance to attract viewers.
It’s that simple! So ready to go live on Tiktok? get started!