Are you launching your new product and you are not getting enough leads? Maybe you have, but not enough for your taste. So this article will give you some tips to speed it all up.
There are 2 types of lead acquisition, the quick method and the long term one. These are 2 different strategies that will allow you to have more chances, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s look at the quick method first.
The quick method to get more leads includes all the paid marketing methods and especially advertising. This is a very powerful strategy that can get you leads very quickly. This includes YouTube / Facebook / Insta / TikTok / Pinterest and Google Ads ads. Partnerships with influential people can also be counted in this category.
Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of the latter:
the gain :
- Provides quick results;
- Provides great visibility;
- reaches a large audience;
- Can be used anywhere (Internet / TV / Poster in the street);
- Has a variety of production methods (text / video / poster with music…);
- Don’t ask for routine work (you make up the ad and you let it run).
- It’s not free;
- Each medium has its own type of advertising;
- The traffic generated is not necessarily of good quality (quality < quantity);
- Once the ad ends, you have no more acquisitions or very little so you make another acquisition.
This is a quick method overall. As you can see, the use of advertising has its advantages and disadvantages. The fact that it’s chargeable deters most people, but the results are swift for those who act. The quality of your traffic and your prospects will unfortunately be of low quality, as the affected audience is large. This method is recommended for those who are already generating sales and want to take the next step to get more leads.
long term method
Now let’s take a look at the long term method. This method is for those who want to get more leads in the long run by creating content that aims to help people and make you visible. Yes, this article is long term lead acquisition strategy material. But its main function is to help you, achieve your prospects. This strategy is based on the creation of content on the Internet. The content is normally, articles/podcasts/videos/webinars/conferences…
So let’s see the advantages and disadvantages of this strategy:
the gain :
- It’s free ;
- You have a wide variety of materials;
- This will give you permanent visibility until you delete the content;
- Like ads, you can create content on multiple media (website/network);
- You will have quality prospects, because if they have searched in the search bar they will come to your content (so they already have an interest unlike the ad that shows up without asking).
- It has a long strategy to implement (4 months to 1 year to see results);
- You have to be regular;
- It will take you a lot of time in the beginning and a little less later;
- You will attract fewer leads than you advertise, but they will be better quality leads.
This strategy, as you might have guessed, is for the most patient of you. So yes, this method is not the most pleasant, as it represents a lot of work and effort to provide. But it is the most effective way to get more leads in the long run.
In short, to get more possibilities, there are 2 methods available to you.
Fast method of advertising that has the advantage of reaching as many people as possible and which delivers faster results. The disadvantage is that it pays off and in the long run the traffic and lead quality will be lower than the method.
Another way is to create content to help others and gain visibility to showcase your expertise. The advantage of this method is that it’s free to create content like article writing, YouTube video writing, or getting traffic to Pinterest. The leads received will be of better quality. The downside is that this method takes a long time to set up and will require a lot of time and effort to get there.
Combining the two methods is clearly what I would recommend, even though the longer term method is more effective and more profitable than advertising, if you put your effort and patience into it.