Do you want to know how to convert your followers into customers on Instagram? In this article, learn how to make the most of your Instagram marketing at every step of the customer journey and build an effective conversion funnel…
What does the Instagram conversion funnel look like?
Instagram has more than 1.07 billion users worldwide who spend an average of 53 minutes per day on the platform (compared to 58 minutes per day for Facebook users). And those numbers only keep increasing as we continue into 2021. Given that Instagram helps 80% of platform users decide to purchase a product or service, this makes sense. Creating an Instagram sales funnel for your brand. If ever there was a right time to build an Instagram sales funnel, it is now!
Content marketing funnel is a series of posts that a potential customer gets to know about your brand quickly and decides to buy from you accordingly. The best way to better understand the Instagram conversion funnel is to break it down.
There are several ways to do this. In this article, we will look at four key steps:
- To attract
- Maintain it
For the funnel to work as it should, you should:
- Communicate with your audience on your account;
- respond to their comments;
- Leave them comments under your posts.
Step 1: Draw
This is the time when you first catch the attention of consumers. They first become aware of you and what you have to offer. The best way to get people to your Instagram account is to:use shareable content And a active engagement , Shareable content varies slightly depending on your industry and the response you have to your own unique audience.
That’s why it’s important to keep track of your insights, as to what actions your competitors may not motivate you to take, and vice versa. Inspirational/aspirational Instagram posts work great for industries like travel, food, sports/fitness, home decor and fashion. Just imagine how many times you’ve shared a picture of a distant destination with your friends, or a picture of a mouth-watering burger.
But what if you don’t work in these industries? In this case, consider the positions:
- motivated / aspiring
How to Customize the Attraction Stage of Your Instagram Sales Funnel ,
- Make sure your Instagram feed is consistent and clear, showing off your visual aesthetic;
- Make sure your Instagram bio is optimized. This means including a keyword in your “name” that clearly describes what you are doing as well as a call to action;
- Keep an eye on your Instagram metrics to understand what types of content are performing well and what aren’t. The more you watch them closely, the more you will know what is working and the more you adjust your Instagram strategy accordingly.
- Don’t miss the highlights of your story! Your story highlights can serve as a “mini website,” bringing your ideal customer closer to purchase.
Shareable content and active engagement are an important part of your Instagram strategy, Your job now is to deepen your relationship with your audience so that they turn from followers to fans. Which brings us to the second stage of your Instagram conversion funnel.
Step 2: Support
While the “attract” phase of your Instagram sales funnel is critical in growing your Instagram presence, arguably the most important phase is the “coach” phase. This is where you strengthen relationships with your audience, building with them the most important factors of knowledge, appreciation and trust. To do this, use:
Videos are the best way to start developing a more meaningful relationship with your community. Your voice, the phrases you say and the way you pronounce help people get to know you better and feel like they’ve heard from a friend, not an “account.”
Images of people engaged with honest/weak/personal captions perform extremely well on Instagram, regardless of niche or industry. These “people” can be the individuals behind the account, company employees, or satisfied customers/customers. This type of content is incredibly powerful at putting a face on an Instagram account and building 1:1 relationships with people.
Educational material (tips and tricks, tutorials, etc.)
The last type of content that helps deepen your connection with your community and turn it from follower to fan is educational content. This type of content is your opportunity to show off your expertise and prove that you know exactly what you’re talking about.
How to Optimize the Deep Stage of Your Instagram Sales Funnel ,
- Share your knowledge. There’s no such thing as giving away too much free stuff. As long as you educate your audience about the “why,” not the “how,” keep presenting and serving.
- Show yourself more! This includes showing as much of your face as possible on your grid, but also appearing on Instagram stories as regularly as possible. This is the fastest way to build knowledge, appreciation and trust factor with your audience.
- Incorporate more videos into your content strategy. You don’t have to start all over again – think about how your existing content can be turned into simple IGTVs or even Instagram Live.
Step 3: Convert
At this stage of the sales funnel, someone is ready to convert. In other words, followers are ready to deposit money on your offer. This is your opportunity to share compelling promotional material. To do this most effectively, testimonials, reviews, benefits of your offering, and change stories will help convince your audience that your product or service is right for them.
When it’s time to share promotional material to announce an offer or launch, be sure to state the main benefits. Members who have been nurtured through your sales funnel will now feel like they really know you. They will trust your expertise and they will be ready to buy.
How to optimize the conversion phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Tell your followers how they can work with you at least once a week. Along with your shareable, personal and educational content, you should be sharing promotional posts on a regular basis.
- Make sure it’s really clear to people that they can work with you. Make sure your bio has a clear call-to-action that leads to a relevant URL.
Step 4: Referencing – Retaining
This stage is where you find great testimonials to share on Instagram that will convince strangers that they Of course work with you. This “social proof” encourages people to follow the actions of others – because no one wants to be like that. First An added bonus is powerful word-of-mouth marketing for buying something… and providing a great experience for your customers and customers.
How to optimize the SEO phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Make sure your buying process / customer onboarding process is set up correctly and provides an easy and enjoyable experience for the people. This means they would love to invest their money in you right from the start.
- Always provide a quick response form for clients and customers. This is an important part of the client offshoring process and can easily slip to the bottom of the task list, especially when you are a small business owner.
- Create a dedicated comment file to save all the testimonials, positive emails and glowing direct messages. All of this (courtesy of the author) can be shared on your Instagram account to encourage people to buy from you.
A conversion funnel is essential when you want to use Instagram to grow your business. By creating organic and paid content for all four stages of the sales funnel, you can consistently grow your audience, generate leads and conversions, and retain happy customers.
Sources: Iconosquare, ManyChat