Do you want to know how to convert your followers into customers on Instagram? In this article, learn how to make the most of your Instagram marketing at each stage of the customer journey and build an effective conversion funnel…
What does the Instagram conversion funnel look like?
Instagram has more than 1.07 billion users worldwide who spend an average of 53 minutes per day on the platform (compared to 58 minutes per day for Facebook users). And those numbers are only going to increase as we continue into 2021. Given that Instagram helps 80% of the platform’s users decide whether or not to buy a product or service, it makes sense to build an Instagram sales funnel for your brand. If ever there was a right time to build an Instagram sales funnel, it’s now!
Content marketing funnel is a series of posts that get a potential customer to know about your brand quickly and make a buying decision from you accordingly. The best way to better understand the Instagram funnel is to break it down.
There are several ways to do this. In this article, we will focus on four key steps:
- to attract
- to accompany
For the funnel to work, you must:
- Communicate with your audience on your account;
- respond to their comments;
- Have they left comments under your post.
Step 1: Draw
This is the moment when you first catch the attention of consumers. They first become aware of you and what you have to offer. The best way to attract people to your Instagram account is to:use shareable content And a active engagement , Shareable content varies slightly depending on your industry and the response you have to your own unique audience.
That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on your insights, because what works for your competitors may not take action for you, and vice versa. Inspirational/ambitious Instagram posts work great for industries like travel, food, sports/fitness, home decor and fashion. Just imagine how many times you’ve shared an image of a distant destination, or a picture of a delicious burger, with your friends.
But what if you don’t work in these areas? In this case, consider the publications:
How to Optimize the Attraction Stage of Your Instagram Sales Funnel ,
- Make sure your Instagram feed is cohesive and clear, showing off your visual aesthetic;
- Make sure your Instagram bio is optimized. This means including a keyword in your “name” to clearly show what you do as well as a call to action;
- Keep an eye on your Instagram metrics to understand what types of content are performing well and what aren’t. The more closely you monitor them, the more you’ll know what’s working and the more you adjust your Instagram strategy accordingly.
- Don’t neglect the highlights of your story! Your story highlights can serve as a “mini website,” bringing your ideal customer closer to their point of purchase.
Shareable content and active engagement are an important part of your Instagram strategy, Your job now is to deepen your relationship with your audience to convert them from followers to fans. Which brings us to the second stage of your Instagram conversion funnel.
Step 2: Support
While the “attract” phase of your Instagram sales funnel is important for increasing your presence on Instagram, arguably the most important phase is the “support” phase. This is where you build a strong relationship with your audience, building with them the most important factors of knowledge, appreciation and trust. To do this, use:
Videos are the best way to start developing a more meaningful relationship with your community. Your voice, the phrases you say and the way you say it all help people get to know you better and feel like they’re hearing from a friend, not an “account.”
Photos of people paired with honest/vulnerable/personal captions do really well on Instagram, regardless of niche or industry. These “people” could be the individuals behind the account, company employees, or satisfied customers/customers. This type of content is incredibly powerful at getting an Instagram account out there and building 1:1 relationships with people.
Educational material (tips and tricks, tutorials, etc.)
The last type of content that helps deepen the relationship with your community and grow it from follower to fan is educational content. This type of content is your opportunity to show off your expertise and prove that you know exactly what you’re talking about.
How to Optimize the Deep Stage of Your Instagram Sales Funnel ,
- Share your knowledge. Giving away too much free stuff doesn’t exist. Keep showing up and serving as long as you educate your audience about the “why” and not the “how.”
- Show yourself more! This includes showing as much of your face as possible on the grid, but also making it appear on Instagram stories as regularly as possible. This is the fastest way to build information, likes and trust factors with your audience.
- Incorporate more videos into your content strategy. You don’t have to start all over again – think about how your existing content can be turned into simple IGTVs or even Instagram Live.
Step 3: Convert
At this stage of the sales funnel, someone is ready to convert. In other words, followers are ready to deposit money on your offer. This is an opportunity for you to share compelling promotional material. To do this most effectively, testimonials, reviews, benefits of your offering, and change stories will help convince your audience that your product or service is right for them.
When it’s time to share promotional material to announce an offer or launch, be sure to state the key benefits. Members who have been nurtured through your sales funnel will now feel like they really know you. They will trust your expertise and they will be ready to buy.
How to optimize the conversion phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Tell your followers how they can work with you at least once a week. Along with your shareable, personal and educational content, you should be sharing promotional posts on a regular basis.
- Make sure it’s really clear to people that they can work with you. Make sure your bio has a clear call-to-action that leads to a relevant URL.
Fourth Step: Context – Loyalty
This stage is where you find great testimonials to share on Instagram that will convince strangers that they have to work with you. This “social proof” encourages people to follow the actions of others – because no one wants to be. First An added bonus is powerful word-of-mouth marketing for buying something… and giving your customers and customers a great experience.
How to optimize the SEO phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Make sure your buying process / customer onboarding process is set up correctly and provides an easy and enjoyable experience for the people. This means they would love to invest their money in you right from the start.
- Always provide a quick response form for customers and clients. This is an important part of the client offshoring process and one that can easily slip to the bottom of the to-do list, especially when you are a small business owner.
- Create a dedicated comment file to record all positive testimonials, emails and direct messages. All of this can be shared (with the author’s permission) on your Instagram account to encourage people to buy from you.
When you want to use Instagram to grow your business, a funnel is essential. By creating organic and paid content for all four stages of the sales funnel, you can consistently grow your audience, increase leads and conversions, and retain happy customers.
Sources: Iconosquare, ManyChat