While Pinterest’s audience is predominantly female, the use of men has steadily increased. The social platform now reaches approximately 27% of men aged 25-54, which could present a unique digital marketing opportunity for more men’s brands and products. But how do men use Pinterest in their shopping journey? How to Optimize Your Marketing Strategy on Pinterest for Men?
While Pinterest has been a huge hit with women since forever, more and more millennial men have been creating Pinterest accounts for years. For example, in 2016, men made up 40% of new signups, while in 2018, Pinterest reported that half of those who joined the social platform were men.
At the time, they were mainly looking for DIY projects for kids, home appliances including kitchen appliances and home projects, smart home, camping gear and outdoor ideas. When it comes to fashion, there was a surge in searches for vintage watches, shoulder bags, plaid pants and even French haircuts (source: Pinterest).
For 2022, the social platform has released new important insights into the use of Pinterest in digital marketing by male audiences and how they use the app in comparison to other users.
The study shows that:
- 55% of male users want to go to the cinema more often;
- 55% of them want to go to a restaurant;
- 50% want to host house parties in 2022;
- 60% are looking for new activities to do with the family;
- 30% of male pinners are looking to buy a new car.
Additionally, Pinterest reports that 75% of men want to spend more money to achieve their goals this year.
How to plan a marketing strategy on Pinterest?
Here are three things to remember when planning your Pinterest marketing strategy:
- Personalization is the key driver of success: More than any other factor, finding the right item. Men say they’ve had a successful shopping trip;
- They convert fast: When men are looking for something, they do less research on a category before making a purchase;
- Here are the premium buyers: They are willing to spend more for a brand they know. So it pays to contact them early and often. They like to pay full price to get what they want fast.
How to reach men on Pinterest?
Above all, plan your strategy to reach men at important times in their lives, such as seasonal holidays, cultural events, and life’s great moments. Align your message with the moment for even greater impact. In other words, Identify important moments in their lives to communicate at the right time. For this, There is a social media calendar 2022 to better tailor your marketing campaigns on Pinterest.
With this in mind, activate your messaging and targeting by incorporating ideas and trends surrounding lifestyle interests for men. Base your campaign on Pinterest search trends in 2022.
Finally, show how your latest products can help men in their daily lives. Promote new products.
If you still think Facebook and Twitter are the alpha and omega of social networks, think again. 80% of Pinterest pins are repins, which means it is a platform that could very well drive traffic to grow your brand. Once on Pinterest, focus on the male target too, as they now have a lot of potential in digital marketing.