To optimize production processes, many companies choose to automate some recurring tasks through marketing automation tools. Primarily used by VSEs and SMEs, automation involves moderating or even eliminating low value-added processes that are repeated on a daily basis. A real time saver, this automation solution also helps boost employee motivation to focus on other important tasks. How to automate recurring tasks?
Why should repetitive tasks be automated?
In recent years, marketing automation has revolutionized the way marketing teams engage with their audiences to increase conversions. While 91% of users consider this marketing strategy “very important” to their overall marketing success across all channels, 63% outperform their competitors with it. That’s why it’s a real investment to differentiate your business.
Within the company, tasks and all information can be exchanged easily and in real time thanks to automation. Information is disseminated more quickly, thus helping in decision making of leaders.
But automating repetitive tasks also saves time, especially in terms of team management and data entry. Human action is thus removed from some processes so that you and your employees can focus on higher value-added tasks such as converting prospects into customers and growing your business. Such a solution also makes the company more efficient and productive.
And by saving time and productivity, you save significantly in the long term, which is a significant benefit to keeping your business running smoothly and your customers. When essential missions are prioritized, you automatically improve customer follow-up. In the face of competition, this element becomes a real asset.
Also, the risk of human errors, such as inattention, omission or lack of concentration due to recurring and repetitive assignments, is reduced with automation.
How to do ?
To better understand and understand all the flow of your operations, draw a diagram of your current operations. Take the time to detail the different steps your processes are likely to interact with in order to better understand your workflow.
Once you have gone through the various tasks performed within your company, determine which ones can be automated. For automation, support processes that are repeated on a daily basis and which waste your employees’ time to improve their productivity and thus lighten the tasks they perform.
For example, you can organize a workflow in marketing automation as follows:
- Encourage readers to sign up for your mailing list: If you already have a website that gets traffic from search or social media, the best way to build your marketing automation list is to capture the email addresses of your readers by delivering content;
- Keep Your Membership Promise: Once a user has signed up to receive your emails, start a conversation. The best way to do this is to keep your promise and submit the content you provided in your signup form;
- Provide additional material to identify the most motivated customers: You need to identify the customers most interested in your product or service. Then when a customer downloads additional content, use an automation workflow to move them to a new list;
- Guide your marketing team: When your most motivated leads are automatically identified, all your marketing team has to do is track customers who download your additional content through marketing automation tools;
- Inspire and re-engage other prospects , Unless you have a highly motivated audience, most of your customers will not choose to receive your additional content right away. However, you can motivate them over time by sending them an interesting and useful email.
Choose the tool best suited to your needs according to your activity and the processes to be automated. Lastly, don’t forget to train your employees in the use of marketing automation tools.
Okay, Which Marketing Automation Tool To Choose?
Self-hosted and open source, n8n is well suited for connecting a variety of APIs in addition to over 200 integrated applications such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, GitHub, Telegram, or Nextcloud for example. Following the knot method, this tool makes it possible to complete the instructions for the visible source code to be personalized and integrated. Thanks to its low-code approach, n8n is well suited for building more complex automations.
With a clean interface, Zapier is the most used automation tool by entrepreneurs. To allow you to focus on your main tasks right away, it automatically moves your data between your web applications. This complete software provides you with connections to over 3,000 digital tools.
Automate.io is a Zapier alternative, as it can connect over 3,000 applications and nearly 200 known tools at two to three times cheaper cost. You can also use single trigger for multiple actions and create simple workflow through single action trigger.
Integromat is also an alternative to Zapier and is particularly known for its complex automation. With around 500 interconnected applications, it remains a very broad platform. In a matter of minutes you can connect to various applications, design, visualize and automate all your processes.