While using WhatsApp for business may sound “weird” to some people, Twitter is not. Twitter is one of the most influential social media outlets that can take your branding to the extreme. But the problem is that even the most experienced marketers fail to market on Twitter…
The problem is, it can seem a bit overwhelming, you have no idea where to start, or maybe you’ve already started but are struggling to meet your business goals. No matter what level you are at, this guide will either help you get started from the beginning or take you to the next level of using Twitter to grow your business, traffic and sales.
Twitter’s great potential for businesses
Want to know more about your customers? Bring a human touch to your brand? Create a buzz about your new product? Provide lightning fast customer support? There is no doubt that Twitter can be a very powerful tool to help you achieve your marketing goals.
Let’s see what the numbers tell us.
- In February 2020, Twitter had 152 million daily active users on the platform;
- With 500 million tweets sent out daily, you need to be strategic and knowledgeable in order to capture (and retain) the attention of your audience.
- 42% of Twitter users use the app daily to send hundreds of millions of tweets;
- A large proportion of Twitter users are Millennials who, along with Generation Z, are the “world’s most powerful consumers”.
- 93 percent of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) who follow Twitter plan to purchase from an SMB they follow
While Twitter may not be as big as TikTok, Facebook or Instagram, the platform is still an incredible social media marketing channel well worth growing your presence on.
Intimidated by this fast-paced social network? Read on to learn how to optimize your Twitter profile and marketing strategy.
If you want to use Twitter for your business, the first thing you need to do is create a Twitter business profile. Very basic, isn’t it? Surprisingly, most of the businesses fail to optimize their Twitter profile and leave it incomplete.
While posting on Twitter is important, an overall profile aesthetic is equally important for branding. With A creative banner and a clear biographyAdd official business website and blog links to your Twitter profile for new traffic. In addition to increasing website traffic, Twitter links add credibility to your profile, paving the way for better business opportunities.
Here are the steps to do it quickly:
- Create a Twitter account for your business by simply signing up for Twitter;
- Choose a short and good Twitter handle for your business. This will be used for @names;
- Use your official company logo as your profile picture;
- Replace the name of the Twitter business profile with the name of your business;
- Write a clear biography that clearly explains what your business does;
- Add relevant links to your website and blog.
What are the benefits of using Twitter for Business?
Using Twitter may seem straightforward to most people. However, not all business owners and marketers understand how to use Twitter for marketing purposes. Brands need a strong Twitter marketing strategy that will allow them to:
- Increase brand visibility;
- Promote brand reach;
- engagement with customers;
- Achieve quality prospects;
- Participate in relevant topics and trends.
In social media marketing, you should always approach social media with a specific action plan, and Twitter is no different. Understanding how the platform works and how it fits into your social media strategy is the key to success.
For this :
- audit your accounts;
- set goals for yourself;
- View your competitors’ Twitter accounts;
- create guidelines;
- create a content calendar;
- Measure the effectiveness of your strategy.
How to start your own Twitter Marketing Strategy?
There are many tips for using Twitter. There are several ways you can speed up the process of gaining followers and marketing your business to the right people on Twitter:
- Publish content consistently : Thousands of content posted every day on corporate Twitter accounts (recent blog posts, interviews with industry experts, how-to tutorials, new product/service updates, polls or surveys). Twitter also recommends using video content for better engagement;
- Tweet at the right time: It’s best to send your Tweets weekdays, typically Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- use the right hashtags : Using the right hashtags can help your Tweet, and therefore your business account, reach new people who are interested in you.
- Understand your audience with Analytics A free analytics dashboard is available for you to analyze multiple elements: user engagement including likes, retweets and comments, Twitter followers, tweet activity (per tweet), Twitter impressions. By accessing this valuable data, you can create a content marketing strategy. promote your company’s Twitter campaigns;
- Connect with influencers: By working with someone people already trust and building a strong relationship with, you develop social credibility and credibility.
- Interact with other users: This is the part that builds trust between your business and Twitter users. Always like people’s reactions to your Tweets and try to respond as much as you can;
- Use paid Twitter ads to: Using Twitter ads or “promoted tweets” allows you to reach a wider audience with a profile that matches your ideal customer.
Whether you plan to use Twitter with or without paid advertising, it is a powerful platform for generating leads and building your brand. Any business, regardless of size or industry, has the potential to find its audience through corporate Twitter marketing.
Any other advice? Feel free to share them in the comments!