Shocking news by Instagram! The reel time limit has been changed from 30 to 60 seconds for all users…
Instagram has been experimenting with longer reels for some time, after increasing from 15 to 30 seconds as a first step last September. These Instagram reel videos are also available on Facebook Watch. Since TikTok now allows uploading of longer clips (up to 3 minutes) and short videos on YouTube Short can also be up to 60 seconds long, it is only a matter of time before Instagram doesn’t follow the trend.
Standard stream videos can be up to 60 seconds long, but you can also download longer videos into 15-second clips in Stories and 1-hour clips on IGTV (when downloading from the web).
With this new feature, Instagram will host more posts and create effective Instagram reel content, which can make it a more engaging option, while also helping to generate more views across different elements of the app.
Why Use Instagram Reels for Business?
Social media has played a part in turning the shopping “funnel” into a “network” of different places your customers use to find products and services. Instagram is one of the fastest growing social platforms with one billion monthly active users and 500 million daily users. That’s a lot of potential customers!
As a reminder, the Reels feed contains a mix of stories and posts that have a similar look and feel to Stories. But like feed posts, they can include full captions that users can choose to expand. You can also interact with the reels by adding likes, shares and comments to the reels.
One of the best things about Instagram Reels is that its users do not need a large number of followers for it to be effective. Once posted, the reel becomes visible to everyone on Instagram – not just followers. And unlike Stories that are deleted after 24 hours (unless you save them as Highlights), content on reels is permanent and viewed by Instagram’s vast audience for days or even weeks after being posted. May go.
How to use them for your business?
There are many free ways to reach your potential customers on Instagram. Here are some to express, educate and entertain:
- Do the film yourself giving advice;
- Share customer testimonials or success stories;
- Do a little blooper on the reel to make you laugh. In addition to being the glue that brings everyone together, laughter and humor build and sell an emotional connection with your audience;
- Introduce your employees;
- Present your business;
- Share quick and encouraging messages;
- Present your product/service strengths with tutorials;
- Collaborate with influencers: Influential promotional products can increase awareness. Additionally, you can ask relevant influencers to create and share content for you;
- Showcase Upcoming Events: Instagram reels can be quick to raise awareness about upcoming workshops, training sessions, and other events.
If Instagram is part of your marketing strategy as it should be, then you really need to check out the Reels feature and take advantage of it. It offers unlimited promotional opportunities and your reel content and it could be the next big thing on the web.