Instagram is again inspired by TikTok. The social app is testing a new Flow experience that puts video even more prominently…
Big change is coming to Instagram!
Application researcher Alessandro Paluzzi has discovered that the application is planning an update to Explore. It tests a new vertical content flow like TikTok.
As Paluzzi noted, the Explore section remains normal until you tap on a message. When you do, the post expands to a new fullscreen view of the reels. You can then:
- To return to the normal Explore list, either press the back arrow in the top left of the screen;
- Or swipe up to go to the next post in your Explore Feed instead.
You can also slide your finger over the multi-image carousel, indicated by a gray dash at the bottom of the screen.
You will understand, Instagram is doing everything to imitate TikTok, but it is still far ahead of the most downloaded application in May 2021. Beyond that, TikTok still has huge advantages over Instagram: discovering content and highlighting public posts that are personally relevant. and entertaining for each user based on their engagement behavior. This data is then sent to them through their “For You” page, the default home page.
At the moment, Instagram is mainly focused on the people and profiles you follow, not on in-depth content analysis.
Small reminder on the size of images on Instagram
According to trend reports, 65% to 85% of people describe themselves as visual learners. In this rapidly changing digital world, there is such a plethora of images displayed on websites, social media, the press and virtually everywhere we look it can be quite overwhelming for the consumer. Users will have to choose from a plethora of quality content and images competing for their attention.
Your business images must be good, and they must be unbiased. On Instagram, there are several formats of images and videos based on several of its features:
- picture picture
- landscape and square
- Instagram stories
- Instagram reels;
- igtv video;
- Videos in your feed…
In the past, Instagram photos and videos were limited to a square in size, but now (almost) anything goes. Instagram post dimensions now range from 16:9 to 4:5.
Now the best Instagram image size for post is:
- 1080px by 1080px (square)
- 1080px by 1350px (Portrait)
- 1080px by 608px (Landscape).
instagram square photo size
- Ideal Size: 1080px by 1080px
- The aspect ratio of a traditional photo publication is 1:1. For best results, your photo should be between 320 pixels by 320 pixels and 1080 pixels by 1080 pixels.
Instagram Portrait Size
- Ideal photo size: 1080px by 1350px
- The ideal aspect ratio for Instagram portraits is 4:5 and the ideal photo size is 1080px x 1350px.
instagram landscape photo size
- Ideal photo size: 1080px by 608px
- Getting the right horizontal dimensions for an Instagram photo can be tricky, as the perfect aspect ratio of an Instagram landscape photo is 1.91:1.
Just like with photo posts, you have the option to use square, horizontal or landscape videos in your feed. The ideal dimensions for each are:
- square and carousel – 1080px x 1080px
- Picture – 1080px x 1350px
- the countryside – 1080px x 608px
Now that you know all the best sizes and dimensions for each type of Instagram post, you can customize your content accordingly.