Although influencer marketing is not a new concept, it has become very popular in recent years. As the world around us becomes more and more technologically advanced, businesses are devoting more time and effort to this marketing approach than ever before. A good partnership with an influencer can really give your brand a big boost…
The Incredible Rise of Influencer Marketing
Many brands have learned to harness the power of working with marketing influencers, whether they are virtual influencers or not, and this trend is set to continue to grow. According to Entrepreneur, influencer marketing spend could reach between $5 billion and $10 billion by 2022.
Since there has been a meteoric rise in the use of social networks like Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Meta (AKA Facebook or even Twitter) where each user has the opportunity to build a larger audience within the framework of rules and features There is equal opportunity. Platform, influencer marketing has grown from a small-scale phenomenon to a global, multi-billion dollar industry supported by businesses of all shapes and sizes.
– You must be thinking” Why ? ,
, Because it works! , We will answer.
, ” Yes but why ? ”
, , Because it’s more effective to tell a friend that you like them than to be cool. , by spending the day trying to convince myself ,
Let’s go a little further.
As a reminder, influencer marketing is the relationship between a brand and an influencer. The influencer promotes the products or services of the brand through various social networks.
Not to be confused with celebrity endorsements, influencer marketing is much more than associating a famous celebrity with a brand. Influencers must be trusted individuals within a specific community and maintain a loyal following.
Also, they usually have knowledge or experience about what they are advertising.
Are you out of ideas or not quite sure how to go about it? Follow these 9 tips to increase your chances of influencer marketing using your product.
- If a celebrity visits your store, ask them to mention your store on Twitter or take a photo (with you) and upload it to Instagram.
- Pick a rising social media star or blogger and be ready to gift them. If some influencers only want a few hundred dollars, others want more. Either way, make sure what you’re offering fits your budget.
- Subscribe to brands like Reach and platforms connecting famous personalities/influencers to find a celebrity’s agent or contact for a good publicist.
- If you don’t have six or seven figures to offer a celebrity to work with and promote your brand, be prepared to pay a percentage of the company’s equity.
- Personalize its packaging. Whatever product you send, it should match the image and personality of the star.
- Make sure your gift is well wrapped and well supplied to increase the chances that the agent will pass it on to their customer and be interested in your products.
- Show that you are socially involved. Reach out to celebrities who support a cause that matches your brand’s mission and message.
- Don’t forget to put a small card in your package so that celebrities or reps can easily contact you.
- Lastly, focus on your image. Avoid bombarding the agent with calls and emails a week after sending your gift. This is a great way to… throw it in the trash!
While there’s no guarantee that your product will land in the hands of an influencer when you submit it, it’s still worth it. Don’t forget, a small tweet, photo or post on Instagram can already increase your company’s awareness and credibility of your brand and thus your overall sales thanks to influencer marketing.