Every brand, irrespective of their field of activity, seeks to approach an influencer to make themselves known and reach their goals effectively. But navigating this complex world of influencer marketing can be tricky and difficult if you don’t have the right contacts or enough resources to…
Are you out of ideas or not quite sure how to go about it?
Follow these 9 tips and optimize your influencer marketing strategy to increase the chances of an influencer using your product.
- If you don’t have six or seven figures to offer an influencer to work with and promote your brand, be prepared to forgo a percentage of the company’s equity;
- Pick a rising social media star or blogger and be ready to gift them. If some influencers only want a few hundred dollars, others want more. Of course, make sure what you offer always fits your budget;
- Subscribe to platforms connecting brands and influencers;
- Make sure the gift you send is well supplied to increase the likelihood that the person affected will be interested in your products;
- Bet on the packaging of your product. Everything you send must correspond to the image and personality of the “star”;
- If a celebrity comes to your store (physically or online), ask them to mention your store on social networks or take a photo (with you) and send it to different platforms;
- Don’t forget to put a small card in your package so that person can contact you easily;
- Show that you are socially involved. Reach people who support a cause that matches your brand’s mission and message;
- Lastly, focus on your image. Avoid bombarding the agent with calls and emails a week after sending your gift. This is a great way to… throw it in the trash!
While there’s no guarantee that your product will land in the hands of an influencer when you submit it, it’s still worth it. Don’t forget that a short tweet, a photo or a post on Instagram or Facebook, for example, can already develop your brand’s notoriety and credibility and thus increase your sales.
It’s your turn !