I regularly meet entrepreneurs who are reluctant to develop their online presence. And for good reason, they haven’t mastered the tools of digital communication and don’t know where to start. That’s why they have the idea to open a gas factory. However, developing your online visibility allows you to reach customers who don’t know us yet. If you want to get into the deep end of digital communication, here are the steps that will allow you to move forward step by step…
1/ Monitor e-reputation (or create one)
Before talking about strategy on social networks, we must first monitor e-reputation. Specifically, what does it say about you when your or your company’s name is typed into Google?
- If nothing shows up, you’re invisible (and that’s not good);
- If information appears: Which websites appear first? Does this data matter to you? And if not, do you know how to make them disappear?
If you bury your head in the sand, tell yourself that your customers will check who you are on Google before taking any other steps.
2/ Create a Google My Business account and ask for reviews
Google My Business is a free tool from Google that allows you to be visible without a website. You are referred locally, the address of your company is indicated, and the choice of keywords in the tool allows you to stand out in the first search results.
Additionally, asking for customer reviews is essential to increase the visibility of your account. The more reviews you have, the more visible you are, and they are, even if you live in the suburbs and compete with a larger city.
3/ Choose a preferred social network to be sure to post regularly
Social networks are not necessarily used to find customers. On the other hand, they help develop your company’s brand. By posting regularly and building a relationship with your audience, you will be able to create a special bond with them. You can publish insightful content, show behind the scenes of your company (workshop, team) or reveal your daily life.
If you want to be regular in your publications, choose a social network that you like. Otherwise you will not survive.
4/ Build a website or a simple landing page
Having a website is not a requirement. However, it does allow you to establish your brand with a tool that is unique to you (unlike social networks).
If you are not comfortable with technology, there are several solutions available to you:
- You can use a CMS (tool), which allows you to create a website in just a few clicks without knowing how to code. WordPress.com or Wix are well known CMS’s;
- You can create a simple presentation landing page, and add call to action buttons to collect emails, or invite visitors to take an action important to you (follow you on social networks, buy a product, etc.). pre-order).
5/ And if you want to go further
- You can set up a content strategy to define an editorial line, choose the most relevant communication channels for yourself, think of ideas for content creation and regular engagement on social networks to build an editorial plan. can be published as such. If you’re not sure how to do this, specialized training can help you build your content strategy step by step.
- You can start a long but fruitful SEO work that will allow you to make your articles (through topical SEO) or your homepage (through local SEO) stand out at the top of Google search results. For this, the choice of keywords for your content will be crucial. Software such as Ubersuggest or Google Trends will allow you to define the popularity and relevance of a keyword, and tools such as Yoast will allow you to optimize content in relation to the choice of a keyword. If required, an SEO consultant can accompany you.
- You can fine-tune your marketing of growth hacking actions to collect emails by setting up a lead magnet (content to download in exchange for emails) such as a white paper, or an online course. Growth hacking also includes automation actions, such as the use of robots to communicate with your prospects on your various communication channels (website, social networks). Online training can help you implement these tasks step by step.
- You can invest in paid advertising (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads) to increase your visibility. If you are afraid of ruining your budget, seek help from a specialized consultant.
Now you have all the steps to get started on the web step by step!
If you would like global support to develop your online presence, we can talk about it in person.