Launched in its early days for posting entertaining videos, TikTok has now become a go-to platform for any business who wants to improve their sales and grow their business. Present in 150 countries in 2021, this social media is available in 75 languages. With around 750 million users in 2021, it primarily attracts youth in the age group of 15 to 25 (more than 40% of users are trained by the Z generation) and is now looking to differentiate its competitors in terms of advertising and marketing. is preparing. Is this platform still brand new to you? Here are some essential questions to ask yourself in order to use it properly…
1. What is TikTok and what makes it special?
TikTok was launched in 2016 by the Chinese company ByteMedia. Then in 2017, with the success of the Musically application, its western version was developed. Thus the two platforms merge, which explains the huge music library available on TikTok. It is used to select various original or existing soundtracks according to the user’s expectations. They can thus partake through challenges to generate commitment. They can also watch videos or create their own montage.
Since then, TikTok has become a worldwide phenomenon, from young children to adults. The way it lets anyone do just that by dancing, creating funny videos, sharing short tutorials and much more, has made it one of the fastest growing social apps today. In the first quarter of 2020, the rapid growth of TikTok set the record for the most downloads for a social app at 315 million installs in a single quarter. Now, with over 2.6 billion downloads and 1 billion monthly active users, it has surpassed Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms.
2. What are the reasons for marketing on Tiktok?
If youth under the age of 30 are your target audience, then you need to bring your brand to this platform. It is the most downloaded app in 40 of the 150 countries in which it operates. As of early 2021, it was the most downloaded application in France.
Over time, many marketing tools have been provided to advertisers to simplify their advertising campaigns. This is the case of TikTok Shop Seller University, which is beneficial to train future TikTok shops, creators marketplace to easily find influencers and shopify, native TikTok ads.
If you already have a marketing strategy in place on Facebook and Instagram, consider integrating TikTok into your marketing strategy to react to brand saturation on other social networks. In fact, it’s easy to reach engagement and fame, thanks to the platform’s algorithms.
3. Is it possible to watch videos without an account?
You can access this platform even if you do not have a TikTok account. In the “For you” recommendation feed, you’ll have the option to watch all the most popular videos.
You can share the various content you find on the platform on WhatsApp, Facebook or Twitter. However, you won’t be able to comment on videos, like them, or save content as favorites.
4. What are the benefits of a “For You” page?
A “For You” page is a customized feed or news feed that contains a number of videos referencing user engagement and interests. They may be one of the most popular at the moment, but can also be selected according to TikTok’s algorithm that takes into account the content that has garnered the most shares, likes or interactions.
The algorithm works on factors such as:
- your personal settings; country, language, device;
- Video information: hashtags, captions, sounds, genre;
- interaction with users; The types of videos you interact with, the accounts you follow, the people you interact with.
5. Create a TikTok Video: How To?
You don’t need to go to your profile to make videos on Tik Tok and promote your business. For this :
- Press the “+” at the bottom of the screen.
- Shoot a video from the stage or choose one from your gallery.
- You can then add filters, effects, and sounds to suit your needs. There are various camera tools available to you in the options on the right side of the screen.
- Click “Save” to view your content before posting.
- Tap the check mark in the bottom right to make additional edits to the post page.