It doesn’t matter whether you run a small local store or a large national company. Social media is more than just a trend in 2022. It is an essential part of your business marketing strategy. So if you are not on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest or even TikTok, you are missing out on many opportunities! These statistics also prove that this is the right time to review your marketing strategy…
with 2.895 billion monthly active users In the third quarter of 2021 and with 9 million advertisers, Facebook is currently the most popular social network in the world. For its part, Facebook Messenger has 1.300 billion . is Active users per month. Admittedly, its organic reach has waned in recent years, but Facebook remains the most effective social media marketing platform on the market. Advertising on Facebook in particular is economical, but it is also very targeted. These statistics also tell about its popularity and effectiveness.
- 98.3% of Facebook users use the social platform on mobile devices;
- Facebook is the third most visited website in the world with a total of 11.2 billion visits;
- Facebook use among teens expected to gradually drop from 71% to 67%
- Video ads are known to perform better than any other ad format on Facebook. ,
- 16% of Facebook profiles are duplicate or fake accounts;
- Facebook Stories has 500 million daily viewers.
Instagram is the ideal channel to reach a huge audience: 1.393 billion monthly active users, They spend an average of 53 minutes a day there, making the platform one of the most visited after Facebook. There are also many benefits to using Instagram for business, including:
- brand strengthening;
- a strong commitment;
- expanded sales;
- Audience development opportunities.
The stats on Instagram are impressive too:
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business profile;
- 58% of marketers plan to take advantage of Instagram reels in 2022;
- 80% of Instagram stories with call-to-action and emphasis perform better;
- 100 million users launch or watch live video on Instagram every day;
- 83% of Instagram users use the platform to discover new products and services;
- 73% of marketers prefer Instagram for influencer marketing;
- Instagram ranks fourth in the list of the most “active” social networks in the world;
- In the past 12 months, Instagram’s ad audience has grown by 20.3%.
with 211 million daily active users In the third quarter of 2021, Twitter is a powerful social networking tool and a search engine in which it is generally possible to find the latest information on practically any topic. It is possible to market on Twitter to engage users and followers, increase brand awareness, increase conversions, and more.
- 79% of marketers will continue to invest in the Twitter space in 2022;
- 42% of all Twitter users have a college degree;
- 83% of world leaders are on Twitter;
- 26% of US users check their Twitter account several times a day;
- 42% of all registered Twitter users visit the platform daily.
In today’s digital landscape, the business-consumer dynamic has changed. The existence of digital channels has influenced buyer behavior and consumers now control how they receive information. Instead of calling you or waiting for your next ad, consumers are increasingly relying on video marketing to find information about your business. with 2.291 billion monthly active usersYouTube is the preferred platform for users to get marketing information.
- Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world;
- 44% of marketers plan to take advantage of YouTube for the first time in 2022;
- Youtube accounts for over 25% of total global mobile traffic;
- On mobile devices alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-24 than on many TV networks;
- The average duration of videos on YouTube in 2021 was more than 10 minutes;
- 70% of the time you watch YouTube is on mobile devices.
Looking at monthly active users, LinkedIn is not the largest social network, with approximately 810 million monthly active users in 200 countries and territories around the world, But the viewer is one of the most fascinating. If you are looking for a place to drive qualitative B2B traffic to your website or blog then this is a perfect social platform.
- In October 2021, marketers with LinkedIn Ads reached approximately 790.4 million users, a 2.9% increase over the previous three months;
- 60% of LinkedIn users are between the ages of 25 and 34;
- 82% of B2B markers find the most success on LinkedIn;
- LinkedIn’s ad audience has grown by 8.8% over the past 12 months;
- About 46% of social media traffic to a company’s website comes from LinkedIn;
- Every week, 45 million people use LinkedIn to find jobs;
- More than 200 million applications are submitted to LinkedIn every month.
Different from other social platforms, Pinterest is primarily an image search engine and is designed to save and share the core business of its users. The focus is on creativity and allows users to browse for interesting ideas. This social network is exploited much less than the previous one. but with all 454 million monthly active usersIt can be the perfect place to introduce your brand and business to a busy, ready-to-buy niche market.
- The total number of people using Pinterest each month decreased by about 10 million (‘2.2%) over the past three months;
- Today, 5.6 percent of global users use Pinterest;
- More than 70% of Pinterest users are women;
- Users between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the largest portion of Pinterest’s audience.
with 1 billion monthly active users Across the world since the end of September 2021, the volume of users and the speed at which TikTok has been growing means that it can provide access to a larger audience. Compared to other channels out there it seems easier to create video content that goes viral and reaches hundreds or even thousands of people. TikTok has rapidly become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, but is it worth using for your business?
- TikTok ranks 7th in the list of the most “active” social media platforms in the world;
- TikTok took much less time than Facebook to reach 1 billion active users;
- Users aged 18-24 make up about 45% of TikTok’s global reach;
- Women in the age group of 18 to 24 years make up a larger portion of TikTok’s audience than users of any gender aged 35 and above.
If you are building a social media strategy in 2022, it will be difficult not to consider using these social networks. If all of this sounds daunting, just know that the hardest part is getting started with them if you haven’t already.