Since 2020, the way we work has changed radically, one part of the world has become limited. But even since 2020, LinkedIn has experienced meteoric growth because of its many opportunities. Unsurprisingly, the use of this platform has exploded! That’s why LinkedIn should be a part of your marketing strategy. Still not convinced? These statistics will help you better understand its impressive growth and optimize your digital marketing strategy…
number of users
According to data taken directly from LinkedIn’s own tools, resources and company statements:
- linkedin account 810 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, making it one of the largest social media platforms in the world;
- About 10.2% of the world’s population has a LinkedIn account today;
- LinkedIn’s ad audience reach has grown by 11.1% over the years.
Among LinkedIn’s 800 million members:
- There are over 206 million users in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East/Africa). France has at least 23.0 million users. In the United Kingdom, they are at least 34.0 million, in Italy at least 16.0 million;
- The NAMER region (North American region) has more than 202 million, the United States has more than 180 million;
- Other members come from other countries and regions.
The platform is available in 24 languages.
And if 42.8% of global LinkedIn users are women, 57.2% represent men.
In terms of age, users between the ages of 25 and 34 (480.0 million) accounted for the largest ad share (59.1%) of LinkedIn. For other age groups:
- 160.0 million users are between the ages of 18 and 24 (20.4% of LinkedIn’s total ad audience);
- 130.0 million are between the ages of 35 and 54 (17.7%)
- 20.0 million are in the age group 55 and above (2.8%).
One of the main reasons people are on LinkedIn is recruitment. Therefore, an important marketing area to consider is:
- 15% of all jobs in 2020 were telecommuting;
- Remote job postings increased by 357% in 2021;
- One person is hired through LinkedIn every 3 minutes;
- 45 million users search for jobs on the site every week;
- There are over 50 million listed companies on LinkedIn;
- About 85% of recruiters use this social network to conduct background checks on candidates;
- 9 out of 10 LinkedIn members are ready to look for new job opportunities.
The platform is also home to over 57 million businesses with a growth rate of two new members per second.
Along with networking and recruiting, part of developing your LinkedIn digital marketing strategy should be focused on lead generation. They invest time on the platform, so learn how to take advantage of it.
- Since January 2020, marketers have reached 663.3 million people through LinkedIn advertising;
- 43% of them say they have contacted at least one customer using the platform;
- 69% of them think that this platform is an excellent lead generation tool;
- 80% of online B2B lead generation comes from LinkedIn;
- Ads achieve growth of about 1.6% per quarter;
- The top markets reached by LinkedIn ads are the United States (reached 162.5 million users) and India (reached 62 million users).
57% of LinkedIn users access the platform from their mobile devices. So in this sense think about optimizing your content on the platform. Make sure your images and videos are also optimized and can open properly without leaving the platform.
LinkedIn is a major source of traffic:
- 71.33% direct traffic;
- 23.49% research;
- 99.45% of traffic from organic search.
LinkedIn has gone from a simple recruitment platform to a professional network. Social networks have 15 times more content printed than job offers. If you think LinkedIn is just a job site or a place to put your resume, you’re wrong. More and more people from all walks of life come to communicate, network, develop business, take training and make a difference in their field.
As you must have understood, LinkedIn is not just a professional networking platform. This platform allows you to search for content. You can use it not only to build professional relationships, but also to find content to improve your marketing strategies. So it’s clear: LinkedIn needs to be part of your digital marketing strategy.
Source: Kepios, Influencer Marketing Hub, Thrive Agency