A few weeks ago, we presented the white paper on 10 Influencer Marketing Trends proposed by Stellar, today, we propose to focus on 3 of these trends: Live, Virtual World and Gamification…
Download Free White Paper with 10 Influencer Marketing Trends for 2023
1: Live Success: When influencers play the live card
Authenticity, high engagement rates and visibility are the main advantages of Live. Internet users, tired of filters and other retouching, some want real, some want live. All social platforms have gone live and there are more and more formats. Whether it’s the BeReal application (success of the year 2022), Dual Cam on Snapchat, TikTok Now, chat during Twitch streams or even LinkedIn Lives, the use of “live” formats is on the rise.
Internet users are really looking for these formats and the results in terms of engagement are:
- 64% of viewers would buy products recommended by streamers on Twitch.
- 28% of influencers have brought their marketing strategy to life.
- 1 million people tuned in during Formula 4 Grand Prix GP Explorer live on Twitch hosted by YouTuber Squeezie.
Live breaks all records.
Here are 5 tips for cashing in on the trend:
- Identify the right “hosts”: social influencers with experience in this format, or customers and employees of a company with good knowledge of your product.
- Make life a routine appointment. Regularity and impact of announcement of appointment will be the two keys to success.
- Choose the right type of content: corporate backstage, presentation of new products, interviews… It’s up to you to choose the most suitable format for the live.
- Take advantage of the interactivity: keep links via chat, launch live challenges…
- Think cross-platform: Broadcast to your different accounts and influencers simultaneously.
Click here to find tips and testimonials for starting live with the Stellar White Paper
2: The Virtual World: Tomorrow’s Influencer Marketing Beyond Social Networks
Networks are not just social destinations anymore. Make way for the virtual world (metaverse), the new destination of choice for marketing tools.
In full swing, digital giants are investing massively to develop the future of digital: $120 billion to flow into the metaverse in 2022, more than double that in 2021 and $5 trillion for 2030 Dollars are estimated.
Sandbox, Somnium space, Decentraland… Influencers are starting to invest in these new platforms. 56% of Influencers claim to be already active, 90% are ready to promote a brand out there and 70% believe the metaverse will eventually replace social networks.
Of course, the real world has more influence at the moment, but the future will be hybrid.
Here are some examples of using the metaverse:
- Travis Scott’s concert on Fortnite, which drew 12 million views and generated over 3 million merchandise.
- The Metaverse Music Festival 2022 is a music festival that was held in Decentraland last November.
- Or Mattel, which sells toys transformed into avatars on Roblox as NFTs.
It’s time to experiment. Test, experiment with your brand to be ready when the time comes.
3 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Embrace innovative strategies and plan trial periods: The metaverse should be part of leaders’ strategic discussions.
- Surround yourself with web3com agencies, especially NFT experts, to test and build skills.
- Prepare for the Metaverse Data: Regulation, Collection and Use… Document the possibilities.
Click here to find tips and testimonials for getting started in the Metaverse
3: Gamification, Experiences, Challenges: Engage Your Community
Gamification is not limited to video games. Integrated into Influencer Marketing operations, it drives engagement. Thus, studies show 100% higher engagement rates when game mechanics are used.
In the context of highly solicited advertising, audiences are becoming increasingly disciplined towards messages and simplification comes to the rescue. In fact, followers are no longer passive and prefer to participate in challenges, challenges initiated by brands and influencers.
Beyond engagement, when gamification is active, so are conversion and retention rates.
Example : “Coca-Cola Shake” campaign launched in Hong Kong in which the brand combined an ad spot and a game on a mobile application. The concept was simple: every evening, an ad was shown encouraging viewers to shake their phones as fast as possible from the mobile application to earn a discount on their next purchase. Result : The app reached the record for local app downloads for iOS in one day and the TV ad was viewed more than 9 million times in total.
Contests on Instagram, Challenges and Challenges on TikTok, Live on Twitch and Bireal, Stellar’s white paper will give you interesting examples to surf the wave of gamification.
5 tips to take advantage of this trend:
- Keep it simple to facilitate engagement.
- Find the equipment best suited for your community.
- Reward participants through a prize system.
- Stimulate interaction by building contact with customers.
- Frame the marketing campaign by creating a sense of urgency around the game.
Click here to get advice and testimonials on setting up Gamification
Download the 2023 Influencer Marketing Trends white paper for free.
Stellar is a French-Belgian company, a leader in influencer marketing, operating successfully since 2015 from its offices in Paris, Brussels and Copenhagen. Stellar provides simple and innovative solutions to enable companies and organizations to collaborate with the right influencers, launch and measure successful influencer campaigns and ROI on social networks through 2 solutions:
stellar agency, Which provides a wide range of services: from influencer campaigns to media relations and social account management
Stellar Platform, SaaS Solutions
If you want to professionalize your influencer marketing strategy and save time managing and monitoring your campaigns, this is unquestionably the tool you need!
You have the option of testing for free or requesting a demo on their site.
Article written in collaboration with Stellar